Duke's Global Education Office (GEO) offers both academic year and summer programs to undergraduate students and approves students to travel on programs sponsored by other universities and providers. GEO works to enhance students' cultural awareness and appreciation in the region of interest, as well as providing a multicultural educational experience.
Duke Sponsored Programs
Academic Year PROGRAMS
- OTS - Costa Rica offers two semester programs: Tropical Biology and Tropical Diseases, Environmental Change and Human Health.
- Duke in Brazil: a four-week, one-course program based in Rio de Janeiro and Belem. Focuses on social issues in Rio de Janeiro and environmental issues in the Brazilian Amazon.
- Duke in Costa Rica: a four-week, one-course summer program based in Heredia. Focuses on community health issues in Costa Rica.
- Pratt in Costa Rica: a six-week, two-course program for Duke engineering students in San Jose.
- OTS - Costa Rica Tropical Biology: allows students to study tropical biology at a field station, including work on an independent study project.
Duke Approved Programs
Duke has also approved certain study abroad programs offered through other educational institutions to which students may apply. Duke-approved programs are available in Ecuador, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, Costa Rica and Mexico. A map search can help you find Duke-approved programs in your country of interest.