Duke Global Health Film Festival--"Zika"
2 nd ANNUAL DUKE GLOBAL HEALTH FILM FESTIVAL
“Health Visions: Americas”, the festival will kick off with its first film on February 17 and then continue programming on February 27 to March 5, 2017. This annual celebration brings together filmmakers, scholars, medical researchers and practitioners, activists, artists, students and the general public to examine a global health topic of immediate concern. This year the program explores the impact of Zika, and other infectious diseases, traditional medical practices, public health and human rights, and the impact of migration on heath focusing on women’s lives in the Americas and the U.S . The program will screen 9 films, representing 7 countries. Of special interest is the visit of filmmakers Debora Diniz (Brazil), Mauricio Andrada (Mexico), Daniela Abad (Colombia), and Esteban Ramirez (Costa Rica) who will attend and introduce the film screenings. For the first time the Duke Global Health Film Festival will feature a student competition for short films (less than 10 minutes) addressing an issue of importance in global health. The competition is open for students (undergraduate and graduate) at Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill. The inaugural Duke Global Health Film Festival, held February 22-27, 2016, focused on infectious disease in Africa.
We are proud to present the following feature films and documentaries:
• Yawar Mallku | The Blood of the Condor (d. Jorge Sanjines, Bolivia, 1969)
• Zika (d. Debora Diniz, Brazil, 2016)
• Sacbé (d. Mauricio Andrada & Miguel Rojas-Sotelo, Mexico, 2017)
• Voices that Heal (d. Heather Greer & Delia Ackerman, Peru, 2011)
• Carta a una Sombra | Letter to a Shadow: Oblivion (d. Miguel Salazar & Daniela Abad, Colombia, 2015)
• Clínica de Migrantes (d. Maxim Pozdorovkin, USA, 2016)
• Migrantes Bitácora de Viaje (d. Mauricio Andrada, Mexico, 2013)
• Crossing Over | Identidad Sin Fronteras (d. Isabel Castro, Mexico-USA, 2015)
• Gestación (d. Esteban Ramirez, Costa Rica, 2009)
FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC | ALL WELCOMED
GRATIS Y ABIERTO AL PUBLICO | TODOS BIENVENIDOS
Contact for More Information: Thomas Johnson: email@example.com | Miguel Rojas Sotelo: firstname.lastname@example.org | Kearsley Stewart: email@example.com | Bethzaida Fernandez: firstname.lastname@example.org